Friday, March 23, 2007

Senior Night vs. Denver and Iowa- Warmups

My ears are currently being attacked by a terrible hip hop song featuring a siren blaring in the background while a singer repeatedly sings "Chicken Noodle Soup..Chicken Noodle Soup." I'm only 22 years old, but I must already be too old for current popular music. What do I know though...I legitimately enjoy 80's hard rock and hair metal. The scary thing is that about five ISU gymnasts knew the dance to the song...

Anyway, warmups are going really well for all three teams and entrances are about to begin. I think they've doubled up on the number of plants and balloons scattered around the arena. Why plants? I've never understood it myself. If someone knows, please let me know.

Here's tonight's ISU lineups. Because Megan Barnes is sitting this one out to rest an accumulation of minor injuries, we have some happily unique lineups tonight. Senior Ashley Alden also makes her return from injury tonight on beam. Being fifth in the rotation after two months of not competing shows that the ISU coaches have a lot of confidence in her.

Also, I'll be sure to comment on tonight's alternates - a reader pointed out that I've failed to comment on them much in the past and I definitely don't want to leave anyone out.

Vault (First Rotation) - -
1. Jasmine Thompson - -
2. Katie Sweetin - -
3. Jenn Salfen - -
4. Nikki Dilbert- -
5. Katie Lasher - -
6. Janet Anson - -
Alternate - Anna Robey -

Bars (Second Rotation) -
1. Ceilia Maccani -
2. Melanie Tham - -
3. Jasmine Thompson
4. Nikki Dilbert -
5. Katie Lasher -
6. Janet Anson -
Alternate - Jen Hornbaker -

Beam (Third rotation) -
1. Nikki Dilbert -
2. Jasmine Thompson -
3. Jade Kvach -
4. Katie Sweetin -
5. Ashley Alden -
6. Janet Anson -
Alternate - Melanie Tham

Floor (Fourth Rotation) -

1. Melanie Tham -
2. Nikki Dilbert -
3. Anna Robey -
4. Jasmine Thompson -
5. Katie Sweetin
6. Janet Anson -

By the way, be sure to sign up for the bus trip if you can. Details to the right.

See you after the first rotation. I might be really wordy tonight, but I have a number of antecdotes to give out tonight. Plus, it's my last home meet too and it definitely feels like a special night.

Thanks for joining me,
Cody

No comments: