Friday, March 9, 2007

Friday March 9 Update - includes link to latest article

Good morning gang. I'm just as surprised as anyone that I'm already up 7 a.m., especially considering I don't have class until 10 today.

Here's a link to the newest gymnastics article in today's Daily:
Cyclones hope to get back on track against Nebraska

Just a reminder: Unfortunately, I won't be making the trip to Nebraska on Sunday for the ISU-Nebraska meet, so I won't be able to provide live blog coverage. Live stats should be available on Cyclones.com

How about the ISU women's basketball team? Beating Nebraska in an overtime thriller two days ago and then beating No. 1 seed Texas A&M last night. They face a Courtney Paris-led Oklahoma team in the Big 12 finals, and with ISU's momentum, I think they have as good a shot as any team of beating the Sooners. The game starts Saturday at 6 p.m. and you can follow all the action live at Pat Brown's blog, www.isdeic.blogspot.com . Pat has a number of interesting insights from the week in Oklahoma City, so check it out.

It's too bad the men's team couldn't win at least one game. I'm already looking forward to next year though. On paper, the recruiting class we have coming in could be one of the best we've ever had.


This photo of Wesley Johnson taken by Daily photographer Ross LaDue after the game certainly paints the picture.


Check back throughout Spring Break (next week) in case I decide to post. I'm sure I will. Obviously, with the school on Spring Break, the Daily won't be publishing next week so I won't have another article for about a week-and-a-half.

Thanks for reading,
Cody Saveraid

No comments: