Thursday, March 1, 2007

ISU-Minnesota gymnastics meet cancelled

Due to the terrible weather conditions in both Ames and Minnesota, Friday's ISU-Minnesota gymnastics meet has been cancelled. I spoke to coach Jay Ronayne on the phone today and he is unsure at this time whether the meet will be rescheduled.

Iowa State cancelled classes this afternoon. In my four years at ISU, I believe this is the first time class has been cancelled for any reason. Because of the rain, the ground is very wet and sidewalks are covered in puddles. It's also been snowing pretty hard for the past few hours and isn't expected to stop. Thankfully, it's not cold enough yet to freeze, but once darkness comes it should turn really bad outside. I've heard that Interstate 35 from Ames to Minneapolis is closed and Interstate 80 west of Des Moines has been shut down as well.

If weather permits, I'm planing on traveling to Iowa City on Sunday for the ISU-Iowa gymnastics meet at 2 p.m. If I go, I'll be providing live coverage in this blog.

Hope you enjoy the two-page spread in today's Daily (see my previously entry below):

Stay safe in the ice and snow,
Cody Saveraid

No comments: