Friday, January 12, 2007

Welcome to the Daily Sports Editors' Blog

Hi Daily readers,

My name is Cody Saveraid and I'm the assistant sports editor (and gymnastics reporter) for the Iowa State Daily. On behalf of sports editor Chris Conetzkey and myself, I'd like to welcome all of you to the brand new sports editors' blog. Here you'll find:

- Live coverage of ISU gymnastics meets written by myself
- Other random newsbits and/or interesting links we encounter during the day

Join me tommorow night, Sat. Jan. 13, at 6 p.m. for live coverage from Minneapolis, Minnesota as the 13-ranked ISU gymnasts take on No. 21 Minnesota. It should be a competitive match up of last season's Big 12 and Big Ten champions. Here's a full preview of the meet (including audio interview with ISU head coach Jay Ronayne) I wrote in Friday's Daily:

Minnesota preview

Not interested in the gymnastics meet? Then check out Daily wrestling reporter Luke Plansky's blog all day for live coverage of the ISU wrestling team as they compete at the National Duals tournament in Cedar Falls. The Cyclones face Michigan in the first round.

Not interested in sports involving mats? Then follow Chris Conetzkey's live coverage of Saturday's ISU women's basketball game against Oklahoma State

Thanks,
Cody Saveraid

No comments: