Monday, April 2, 2007

Monday April 2 morning update

Good morning and Happy Opening Day,

I have two articles in today's Daily recapping Saturday's Big 12 Gymnastics Championship:

The Good: Anson, Barnes take conference honors



The Bad: Defending champion Cyclones leave Big 12 with season-low score

Iowa State moves down one spot to No. 16 in the latest national rankings. Nebraska moves to No. 6, Oklahoma stays at No. 10 and Missouri stays at No. 18.

Later today, the Cyclones find out which NCAA Regional they'll be competing at. When the location is announced, I'll post an update here.

In other big news, today is Opening Day for many Major League Baseball teams, including the Kansas City Royals, my favorite team. The Royals will be on national TV! ESPN at 1 p.m. vs. the Boston Red Sox. In all seriousness, even though they're in the toughest divsion in baseball, I'm feeling so good about the team right now that I think they'll be closer to a playoff spot than anyone thinks. I'm excited to see the stats Alex Gordon and Ryan Shealy put up this year and David DeJesus is always dependable for a solid year. I am worried about their pitching rotation though - not a lot of depth present.

I'll update again later today. Thanks for reading,
Cody

No comments: